The APEX (Alberta Pharmacy Excellence) Awards recognize excellence in pharmacy practice in Alberta. The awards are jointly funded, promoted and presented by the Alberta College of Pharmacists and the Alberta Pharmacists’ Association.
Applications are judged solely on the information provide on the nomination form. The Awards Committee will not conduct any investigation on behalf of the candidates. To ensure applications are as complete as possible, nominators should pay particular attention to the suggestions listed below and should go to https://pharmacists.ab.ca/nAboutACP/APEXAwards.aspx to see previous award winners and read about their achievements that qualified them to be award recipients.
How do I prepare my nomination?
First, read the award’s terms of reference to ensure your nominee is eligible for the award. Then, answer each question on the nomination form as fully as possible. Consider describing:
· the value your nominee provides to patients, co-workers, their community,
other health professionals, etc.
· how the nominee implemented and executed their initiatives.
· patients’ reactions - include any patients’ expectations, problems, solutions and
· any unique strategies your nominee used.
How might I answer “Is there anything more about this nominee you would like us to know”?
Consider including supporting information with your nomination. Work with patients, colleagues and other health professionals to enhance your entry. This can include gathering:
· testimonials from patients, colleagues, professors, and faculty
· testimonials from heads of organizations and associations
· personal background information on the nominee
· copies of any promotional materials that have been prepared
· records of achievement or other recognition
What makes a good entry?
· are thorough, with a clear description of the initiative or work completed.
· provide solutions that are patient-centred.
· show the nominee’s strong dedication to the initiative or work completed as
well as to the larger profession.
· demonstrate that the nominee went beyond the call of duty and consistently
strove for excellence.
· Are supported by material from a variety of sources (e.g., patient testimonies,
newspaper and magazine articles).