Every year thousands of people are admitted into hospitals because they did not take their medication properly.
Please talk to your pharmacist. Do not leave the pharmacy or hospital until you fully understand how to use your medication properly.
What do you need to know to take your medication safely?
- Why am I taking this medication?
- How and when should I take this medication?
- Is there anything I should or should not eat or drink while I am taking this medication?
- What should I do if I miss my dose?
- How will I remember to take my medicine?
- I have allergies. Is it safe for me to take this medication?
- Are there any side effects I should watch for?
- What should I do if I don’t feel well after I take my medication?
- Will my medication interact with other drugs, vitamins, or herbal supplements?
- Is it safe to drink alcohol or drive while I am taking this medication?
- Can I take this medication if I am pregnant or breast-feeding?
- How will I know if this medication is working?
- If I feel better can I stop taking it?
- Where should I keep my medication?